Using vinegar is a very useful, cheap and natural way to make our hair healthy and shiny. Vinegar makes the hair softer and clarifies it. For those who are afraid that it will leave an unwanted smell: you don't need to worry, because it will vanish as your hair dries. Never use vinegar undiluted: always mix it with water, and avoid contact with your eyes.
Vinegar is acidic, therefore it is good to use after shampooing, to restore the hair's normal pH. It is able to remove the residues which are left on the hair from different hair products and chemicals, conditioners, styling products. Apple cider vinegar is the best kind of vinegar for hair, but you can use white vinegar as well.
For a vinegar rinse mix 2-3 cups of water with one tablespoon of vinegar. Rinse your hair with it after shampooing. You can leave it on your hair, but if you are worried of the smell, you can rinse it off with water again.
Benefits of vinegar:
- Vinegar softens the hair, and makes it easier to detangle.
- It fights with bacteria, prevents and helps control fungal infections.
- Itchy scalp skin conditions can be relieved by vinegar . Use it as a rinse, dilute it with water, massage it on your scalp skin. Never use vinegar on the skin if it is undiluted. If you have sensitive skin, use it only on hair.
- Vinegar can reduce dandruff problems too. Leave the diluted vinegar on your scalp for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it with water. Tea tree oil - one drop or two - mixed in the vinegar rinse is effective for treating dandruff.
- Apple cider vinegar can give a reddish tint to your hair if you use it regularly. This is good news if you like red highlights, but if you don't, its better to use plain white vinegar instead. White vinegar can be stronger than apple cider vinegar, so you might need to use less of it.
- Vinegar can lighten the hair if you let it soak in this dilution for 10-15 minutes.
- It is safe to use on colored or dyed hair. Vinegar won't remove the color, it is likely to make it more vivid and shiny instead.
- Vinegar rinses, especially when done with apple cider vinegar, close up the cuticle of the hair, which is the outer most layer of the hair shaft. This way it is able to make the hair stronger.
Tips for Smooth and Silky Hair:
Copyright © 2013 - almond24.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com